Tools and Materials Needed:
- drafting compass
- craft glue
- measuring tape
- one 60mm smooth foam ball
- 1/2 inch gold sequin pins*
- 15/0 clear iridescent seed beads*
- metallic teal 5mm sequins
- clear iridescent and gold glitter glue
- gold 9mm ribbon
- gold top cap
- pearl topped corsage pin
*Purchased from Cartwright’s
- About 1.5cm from the top center of the foam ball draw 4 evenly spaced dots as shown in the video.
- Using a drafting compass, set at a 1 inch radius, draw circles on the foam using the 4 points as the center of the circles. Do this on both the top and bottom of the ball.
- Trace the lines with a pen if you wish to make them easier to see.
- Place the top cap and hanging string.
- Trace all the lines with teal metallic 5mm sequins.
- Mix gold and clear iridescent glitter glue. Then paint the exposed foam and let dry.
You may wish to paint the entire ball with glitter glue first and then put on the sequins. Just make sure that your lines will still be clearly visible after you paint it.