The bright colors in this ornament remind me of party decorations.
- one 80mm smooth foam ball
- 1/2 inch sequin pins*
- 3/4 inch sequin pins*
- 15/0 clear iridescent seed beads*
- 5mm sequins in silver hologram*, light blue, light pink, light green, and light orange*
- clear iridescent “opal” glitter glue
- 5mm wide ribbon in dark green, dark blue, hot pink, yellow and orange
- four yellow pearl topped corsage pins
- small smooth round clear iridescent beads
- three larger smooth round clear iridescent beads
- one 15mm silver hologram plum blossoms*
- craft glue
*purchased at Cartwright’s
- First, pin one row of each color onto your foam ball as shown in the video. Make sure ribbon is evenly spaced.
- Next, outline all ribbon in silver hologram sequins.
- Then, add rows of colored sequins. Rows of light blue that trace the blue ribbon, rows of light pink that trace the hot pink ribbon and so on. I didn’t have yellow sequins so I used orange instead and it created a really nice effect.
- Once all colored sequins have been placed fill in exposed foam with glitter glue.
- Once glue has dried, add accent beads on the ribbon using your 3/4 inch pins. This gives the ornament some dimension.
- Using a corsage pin, create the hanging ribbon with orange ribbon and the bow using individual loops of each color ribbon you used in the body of the ornament. I used two loops of each color to create an eight looped bow. Then secure the bow and hanging ribbon with two more corsage pins and accent beads at the top.
- Lastly, add the bottom cap using a silver hologram plum blossom, one large clear iridescent bead, and a corsage pin.
Please rate and comment!