Materials and Tools Needed:
- ball point pen
- craft glue
- 3 inch smooth foam ball
- 15/0 clear iridescent seed beads*
- 3/4 inch sequin pins*
- clear iridescent glitter glue
- red, pink and white ribbon
- five pearl topped corsage pins
- eight 5mm pearl beads
- heart shaped sequins of different shape sizes and color
I used 9mm red and pink, and 4mm white.
I used the Valentine Mix* from Cartwright’s, as well as some other heart sequins I found at my local 100 yen shop in Japan. Both pictured below.
- Find the top of your ball and mark it with a pen.
- Paint your foam ball with glitter glue and let dry.
- Randomly pin heart sequins around the top of the ball, leaving a space for pinning a bow at the top later, and winding down the ball in a random pattern. The hearts should touch each other and not all face in one specific direction, interconnecting like mosaic tiles. I suggest putting a spot of glue on the back of each heart as you pin.
- Once you are satisfied with the pattern of hearts on your ball, make a bow and hanging ribbon, and pin to the top of the ornament.
- For an extra embellishment I threaded 2 pearl beads on each of 4 corsage pins and pinned them at the center of the bow.
That’s it! Super easy. The hardest part for was waiting for the glue to dry. Sometimes when inspiration strikes I’m not so patient.