Here’s a easy ornament for Valentine’s Day.
In honor of the NFL Playoffs and my hometown, Houston Texas.
Luckily the Texans logo is pretty simple and was easily replicated using the kimekomi technique.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- ball point pens in 2 colors
- measuring tape
- craft knife
- glue stick
- craft glue
- tucking tool (I use a straight upholstery needle)
- foam ball (I use a 7cm ball)
- cotton fabric in red, white and navy blue
- white and silver cord
- red and navy satin ribbon
- 2 pearl headed pins
- 2 beads
- 5 white star sequins
- Print the logo off the internet. The logo can be easily found using a google image search.
- Trace the logo by pinning it to the ball and punching little holes around the shape.
- Connect the dots on the foam.
- Draw a simple 6 division over the top of your logos using a different colored pen.
- Cut the logos with your craft knife.
- Cut the 6 division lines with you craft knife, but don’t cut the lines inside the logos.
- Tuck the fabric inside the logos first and then on the outside. The hardest part of this ornament was getting the white fabric to fit smoothly around the logos.
- Glue cord in the seams.
- Pin a bead, hanging ribbon and a bow to the top.
- Pin a bead to the bottom.
I’m pretty happy with the results and look forward to making similar ornaments for other teams in the future.
Leave your team recommendations in the comments.