Hi! I’m Alyx. I love making Sequined and Kimekomi Christmas Ornaments. I started making Sequined Ornaments when I was about 16 with my mother’s encouragement and now it’s grown into a full on ornament addiction. I’ve recently added Easter Eggs and Japanese Kimekomi to my repertoire. I’ve always wanted to share my passion with the world which is why I started this blog. All of the ornaments on this site are of my own design unless otherwise stated.
I do sell my ornaments on Etsy. All proceeds from ads on this site and ornaments sold on Etsy go toward supplies or technical costs. I would love to quit my day job and make ornaments for a living but so far that’s not happening.
Don’t forget to subscribe by RSS or Email so you don’t miss anything.
Quick Facts About Me:
- I’m 36 years old.
- I grew up in Houston, Texas.
- I live in Noda City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan.
- My husband’s name is Eiwa, he is Japanese.
- I came to Japan to teach English with the JET Program and that’s how I met my husband.
- Now, I teach English part-time to kindergarteners.
- I love to travel.
- I love to snowboard.
- I have a thing for vampires.
- My favorite color is black.
- My favorite quotes:
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” – Ben Franklin
“There’s no such thing as a bad idea. Just poorly executed awesome ones.” -Damon Salvatore, TVD
Want to know more about me? Visit my personal YouTube channel or follow me on pinterest.