The perfect Christmas gift for the sports fanatic in your life! Use their favorite team’s logo and colors.
- 1 80mm smooth foam ball
- 1/2 inch gold sequin pins*
- 15/0 clear iridescent seed beads*
- metallic red, gold and non-iridescent clear** 5mm sequins
- red and gold glitter paint
- red 7mm ribbon
- 1.5 cm metallic red stars
- gold top cap
- red pearl topped corsage pin
*Purchased from Cartwright’s
**Clearly Beloved from Cartwright’s
- Find the team’s logo online. Save the picture on your computer and re-size it so it fits your ball and then print it. If the letters are too small you won’t be able to make a good outline. The spaces in between the letters should fit your sequins. 5mm for this ornament.
- Cut out the logo and pin it to the center of your ball.
- Trace the outline of the letters with a sharp object onto your ball. An imprint of the letters should be left on the foam.
- When you’re finished outlining go over it in pencil on the ball so you can see it better.
- Next outline the letters you traced with gold sequins.
- Next paint the inside of the letters with red glitter paint and let dry.
- Repeat the process on the opposite side with the “picture” part of the logo. For this ornament I used red sequins to outline the star and gold glitter paint for the inside.
- Place the top cap and hanging ribbon.
- Place the 1.5 cm red stars at random around in the empty spaces.
- Fill in the remaining exposed foam with clear sequins.
Obviously with different teams you will have different colors and logos, however the concept is the same.