In honor of the NFL Playoffs and my hometown, Houston Texas.
Luckily the Texans logo is pretty simple and was easily replicated using the kimekomi technique.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- ball point pens in 2 colors
- measuring tape
- craft knife
- glue stick
- craft glue
- tucking tool (I use a straight upholstery needle)
- foam ball (I use a 7cm ball)
- cotton fabric in red, white and navy blue
- white and silver cord
- red and navy satin ribbon
- 2 pearl headed pins
- 2 beads
- 5 white star sequins
- Print the logo off the internet. The logo can be easily found using a google image search.
- Trace the logo by pinning it to the ball and punching little holes around the shape.
- Connect the dots on the foam.
- Draw a simple 6 division over the top of your logos using a different colored pen.
- Cut the logos with your craft knife.
- Cut the 6 division lines with you craft knife, but don’t cut the lines inside the logos.
- Tuck the fabric inside the logos first and then on the outside. The hardest part of this ornament was getting the white fabric to fit smoothly around the logos.
- Glue cord in the seams.
- Pin a bead, hanging ribbon and a bow to the top.
- Pin a bead to the bottom.
I’m pretty happy with the results and look forward to making similar ornaments for other teams in the future.
Leave your team recommendations in the comments.