I love the red velvet ribbon I used in this ornament. It give the ornament a beautiful texture.
- 3 inch smooth foam ball
- 1/2 inch silver sequin pins*
- 3/4 inch silver sequin pins*
- 15/0 clear iridescent seed beads*
- 5mm black sequins
- clear iridescent glitter glue
- 8mm red velvet ribbon
- 6mm silver ribbon
- 9mm silver ribbon
- 5 dark green hologram sunbursts*
- 5 silver embossed metallic kaleidoscope sequins*
- 6 pearl topped corsage pins
- 5 pearl beads
*Purchased from Cartwright’s
- Pin red velvet ribbon in two perpendicular lines around the foam ball, sectioning the ball into 4 equal parts.
- Pin 9mm silver ribbon in two perpendicular lines, between the red ribbon, sectioning the ball into 8 equal parts.
- Trace all ribbon with 5mm black sequins.
- Paint the remaining visible foam with glitter glue. You may need several coats.
- Once the glitter is dry, add the hanging ribbon and bow on the top of the ornament. Thread a large silver sequin onto the corsage pin, then the hanging ribbon and then the bow, in that order. I used both 6mm silver ribbon and red velvet in the bow. Alternate two loops of red, then two or silver, and so on.
- Next, thread a green sunburst onto a corsage pin, then a pearl bead, then a silver kaleidoscope and pin to the center of the red velvet ribbon.
- Repeat step 6 on remaining 3 sides of ball and on the bottom.