*Purchased from Cartwright’s
**I used a special sequin tape I found in a 100 yen
shop in Japan but you can use regular flower shaped sequins.
First pin the ribbon to egg as shown in the video, dividing it into 4 equal parts vertically, and then in half horizontally. The horizontal ribbon should not be exactly center. Due to the shape of the foam and the width of the ribbon this is the best placement the horizontal ribbon. It should lay flat easily.
Outline the ribbon with silver hologram sequins, using 1/2 inch pins and seed beads.
Paint exposed foam with glitter glue and let dry.
Once glitter is completely dry, pin flower sequins in vertical stripes in the center of painted panels.
Pin embellishments where the ribbon intersects.
-The side embellishments are made from 3/4 inch pins with a 3mm bead, 1 flower sequin and round hologram snowflake.
-The top cap is made from a corsage pin, 5mm bead, flower sequin, hologram snowflake and blue hologram sunburst.
-The bottom cap is made the same as the top cap except without the 5mm bead.
If you want to use this as a Christmas ornament just add a hanging ribbon at the top.
Let me know what you think. Please leave a comment.
1. First pin ribbon to the foam ball as shown in the video. I suggest pinning the thin ribbon first and then the thick ribbon 2nd. Pin the ribbon securely down in many places so that the ribbon doesn’t slip. You can remove the extra pins later.
2. Next make your bow and hanging ribbon on the top. This can be tricky and I often make the mistake of doing it in the wrong order and having to go back and redo it. On your long pearl ended straight pin put the gold plum blossom shape, then the green sunburst, then the hanging ribbon, then the bow. In the video I did it backward.
3. Outline the ribbon in the light green metallic 5mm sequins.
4. Mix the fine green glitter with gold glitter glue and paint the remaining exposed foam. Let dry overnight.
5. After the glitter paint is completely dried, pin the small clover sequin to the thick ribbon as shown in the video.
6. Next, create a four leaf clover shape using 4 of the gold hologram heart shapes. Pin a small clover sequin or a regular green sequin in the center of the four leaf clover to complete the look of this embellishment.
7. Next, pin small bicone beads on the thin ribbon on all sides of the ornament, as shown in video.
8. Finally, create the bottom cap with a long pearl ended straight pin, sunburst and plumb blossom shape.
I hope you enjoy this design. It was a lot of fun to make.
Happy St. Patty’s Day!
Having trouble seeing the video? Try watching on Daily Motion.